Thursday, February 07, 2008

Planes, planes and more planes

As I looked up and realized what the digital words and numbers read, my stomach dropped and I began to sweat. Los Angeles, gate C25, flight 287. Hey, wait a cotton pickin' minute!! My boarding pass says-San Fransisco, gate C25, flight 728!! AND...boarding was technically supposed to be 45 minutes ago. I quickly packed up my lap top (I was actually working on my homework) and quickly made my way to the agent desk to make some panicky inquiries. As I stood at the desk and waited I began to picture the scenario in my head. I must have gotten so wrapped up in my homework that I missed the boarding call and missed my flight!! How could I have missed my flight when they never even opened the glass doors into gate C25!?!? I mean, we were all sitting at a different gate looking through the glass at the gate that our flight was supposed to board from. When I did ask the airline employee I was quickly calmed as he stated that I was in the right spot and I hadn't missed my plane. I was so relieved!! I have to admit I wondered for a moment if God's plans had changed and I needed to stay in Calgary. Things that make you go hmmmm.

Anyhow...So that flight left late and when we landed in San Fransisco, I immediately boarded the next plane to Sydney Australia. Once seated I met my row mate, a girl named Kathleen, but I was to call her Kat. She was going on a 3 week vacation to NZ all on her own! We had some good chats. After eating dinner at what was about 12:30am my time, I took a sleep-eze, felt sick for about an hour and then drifted in and out of sleep for a while. SLEEP!!! I actually slept on a plane!!! It was miraculous!! So by the time I arrived in Sydney, I didn't feel completely like garbage, I still felt mostly human being.



No comments: