Sunday, December 30, 2007

Cardboard Dopplegangers

Well, I did it! I made a cardboard cut out of myself to give to my mom. Why? You ask why I might give my mom such a gift? Well we live a 10 hour drive away from each other, in different provinces. My mom misses me. I have lived away from my parents for the past 7 years and my mom now regularly asks me when I am going to move home. I have no clue when or if I would be moving home. I need God to give me the direction to move back so in the meantime, I will pursue a job and life where I reside now and my mom will be the laughing recipient of a cardboard doppleganger.

I got the idea from Nolan's friend Trevor who made one of his girlfriend for a Christmas party last year because she lived 3 hours away and couldn't come. So...I thought it would be a good laugh for my mom. I did make a boo boo though. I had 2 of me printed out because it turned out that the first one was about 2-4 inches shorter than I actually am. Well, that's the one I cut out. Oops! I am sure my mom won't mind and maybe the other me will get cut out in the future and come to good use for a practical joke or something (muah ha ha!!).

1 comment:

Fluffy said...

Hey!

Thanks for the comment on my blog. For sure being a teacher has a lot of unexpected roles. Idealy it would be good to have all the help that is needed, but it doesn't always happen so easily. I like the idea of a co-operative classroom, where the skill sets of resources teachers, aides, phychologists, teaching assistants, etc. are all used in sort of a combined effort - If they are available. I think as teachers we need to borrow as many brains as possible. I think thats partly how we can fill all those demanding skill sets - using other people and not bing afraid to ask for help when its beyond us.God deffiantelty is the best resource. Sometimes if you feel you can't do anything, praying is the best thing.

It was good seeing you tonight to play some fun Quelf and have teacher talk! I know you'll be a great teacher, you have a huge heart and a gentle spirit.

See you again soon