Thursday, December 16, 2004

Why only Now?

I wonder why we (as the general population), only seem to feel motivated towards generosity and giving during the Christmas season. As the season approaches you hear more and more about upcoming food drives and food banks and the such. Why don't we do this all year around? Do people only need our help, love, compassion and generosity once a year?

I realize that I have just made a generalization in saying what I have said, but it does often seem that this is true. Or maybe it's just that we only HEAR about it during the Christmas PUSH. I know a lot of things happen behind the scenes all year around, but I think we should hear about that too, and be motivated to be involved all year around, not just at Christmas time. Life doesn't get easier just because the seasons change.

No comments: